***********************************************

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Individually Strong. Together Unbreakable.

This last weekend, I had the privilege to go on an 8th grade retreat with my class at my school. It was amazing. and not necessarily because I had a blast (to be perfectly honest with you, it was kinda boring :P ) It was awesome, though, because of the spiritual aspect. After two of the girls led us in worship, our Principal asked if any of the students wanted to say something encouraging or give their testimony. So a boy in my class gets up and tells his testimony. I could honestly feel the power of God sweeping through that room. Then someone else gets up and tells their story. Then someone else. it was amazing! Even I went up there and said something *hopefully* encouraging. At the end of the night ( this went from 8:45 till 12ish!) I think over 90% of the class had gone up there! :) It was AMAZING! :) Let me tell you - it got pretty emotional. Some of these kids have been through a LOT.
But I sensed the unity in this class for the first time. Everyone was leaning on each other and comforting those who were crying (which was virtually everyone). I had never seen any unity in this class before. There are groups, clicks, couples, but really no unity. But my eyes were definitely opened that night . Anyways, I should go, but I just wanted to share my amazing experience with whoever reads this blog :) Here is our verse, mission statement, and motto for next year (we voted on them on the retreat) :)

  • Verse: Ecclesiastes 4:12 - Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three stands is not quickly broken.
  • Mission Statement: We strive to trust in God, trust in others, and trust in ourselves.
  • Motto: Individually strong, together unbreakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment