***********************************************

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Movie Review: Wall-E


I'll probably be doing some movie reviews on here -- and here's the first one. If you're reading this, I would appreciate your input :) Anyways. Here's the first review on Wall-E.
I saw Wall-E when it first came out, but didn't really think much of it. Recently my 7th hour Media Class watched the movie while our teacher was out of town. And the more and more I thought about it, the more I disliked the movie and the movie's implications. It strongly implied that the whole world should 'go green' or we'll all get overrun by garbage and have to leave the earth. Also, it may just be me, but I don't like movies that predict the future. No one REALLY knows what's going to happen - except God, of course :) But back to my original thought. I thought the movie also implied that humans are irresponsible and lazy. Don't get me wrong. I think that a lot of people are, without doubt, irresponsible and lazy. but this movie basically said that ALL people are SOOOO irresponsible and lazy that they let their trash take over the world! I was actually quite shocked when I discovered this and not necessarily in a good way, either! Sure, the story line with Eve and Wall-E falling in love is cute, but seriously?! It's not like ALL movies don't have people falling in love. Anyways. If you haven't seen the movie, I don't think it's worth watching. If you have, it's not worth watching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment